One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

The Hunt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leylia
Aspiring Member
Leylia

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Warrior
Title: Hunter

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:22 am

Today was her mothers 60th birthday, she decided to celebrate in Mt. Oricalis, A nasty little Ice-Ball in a nowhere region of the map. There's almost nothing on the surface of Oricalis but Rocis and Ice. Under the Ice, there's water. Fish live in the water. There are things like Penguiny Raccoons that eat the fish, if the fish don't eat them first. And things a bit like Overgrown Polar Bears that eat the raccoons, and REALLY big fish, who eat the Polar Bears.

At the top of the Food Chain though, are the Sandalphon Dragons, and they eat whatever the hell they want to. This is because they're the biggest, meanest, fastest, nastiest predators you can find anywhere. Anywhere outside the Otherrealm, anyway. There are less than 50 of the Sandalphon Dragons left. Getting here cost her more favors than she'd care to admit, not to mention an entire hunting spoil surplus for the last two years. Still... it was a great day, she was spoiling herself.

Orthodox Hunting Theory suggests a very specific, very careful course of action, if you're hunting a Sandalphon Dragon. Orthodox Hunting Theory doesn't specifically warn against climbing up the side of the mouth of it's cave. As she scaled the walls of the cave, she kept speaking aloud to keep herself focused on the task. It does, however caution against attracting the animal's attention while it's still in it's lair. It calls such behaviors "Dangerous" "Stupid" and "Suicidal".

Alighting on top of the cave she stomped on the roof of the cave brandishing Asala, charging it with a Darkness Bolt. Hey! Ugly! You Want to Come out and wish me a Happy Birthday! She braced herself against the wall as she could hear the enraged stomping of the beast. With a short burst of Flaming Electricity it shout out a warning shot as it emerged from it's cave. Launching from the cave roof, she fell towards the beast and landed a heavy kick on it's skull. It shook for a moment, but shaking it's head, Leylia fell towards the ground. She fell to the ground and collapsed in the snow.

oof... dumb dumb DUMB. She figured a good thump on the skull might stun the beastie.... No such luck. So now she was sprawled in the snow at 30 below Zero, with her skin generating not quite enough heat to keep her from freezing her buns off. In the back of her head, Asala whispered it's little song of Tenderness and Protection. She cautions it against getting involved, this fight was hers. Glancing up at the dragon she scanned it as it lumbered towards her, flaring it's nostrils. It was Male... by the size of those horns. He smelled like a carnivore, Rotting Alligator breath... and he thinks she's down and ready for the kill. She reached up slowly to an arrow on her back as the beast roared into the sky. Kootchie Kootchie Koo you Bastard...

Pouncing from her prone position she had the arrow in her hand as she leaped towards the beasts head. Throwing her Bow forward, she skimmed off the side of the dragons tail as she landed in the snow again. The only place that Orthodox Hunting and Leylia agreed is if your fighting close in, armed with a blade. There's only one sure way to kill a Sandalphon Dragon. and that's was. Her thought was interrupted with a massive attack from the dragon it's teeth plunged into her shoulder. Fighting through the pain she rammed the tip of the arrow through the Dragon's glowing red eye. The only way to kill a Sandalphon was to drive a long enough blade into the eye and PRAYING you hit the Brain. Big Animal, Big Skull... Teeny Tiny Brain. The Dragon recoiled in pain releasing her shoulder and straightening out.

Wuh oh.. It looked like she missed the target. Now if you miss the Brain, it probably means now You've lost your sword and are facing a Psychotically enraged One eyed Sandalphon Dragon. As she nocked another arrow into her bow, the dragon stumbled forward and fell down on her with a loud crunch in the snow. With all of her strength she pulled her body out from under the dragon's wide neck. Next time she tried this, she'd try to remember to stand a few yards to the left. That hurt and it was Really Clumsy... still. Nobody actually saw her climb out from under a near ton of Fallen Dragon. She could be as elegant as she wanted back home when she told them about the hunt. She had gotten what she came for. Pulling a large sword from her hip, she chopped off the Dragon's head. Holding it by a strong slab of skin hanging around it's neck. Happy Birthday, Butch... You're gonna fetch me so much Gold.
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.

Character Profile
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Isaac sat upright, his perilous run leading him deeper into the nowhere that he had found himself in now. Sitting in the snow on a tiny fire just large enough to heat a small cup of tea. The metal tin cup bubbled and he pulled it off the heat, quickly smothering the flame to cover up his tracks. Gripping the hot cup with a small cloth so that he did not burn his hands, he then heard the sounds the distant sounds of struggle and stood. His eyes keen enough to look upon the white snow and spotting nothing for several miles. The sound was muffled and he could not pinpoint the direction that it was coming from so he sat back down and decided to ignore it. Continuing to sip the eerily discolored liquid that somehow no longer held very much appeal.

The sounds continued and Isaac decided it would be best if he decided to take a look for once, so he picked up his small pack and made his way towards the what appeared to be downhill slope. Suddenly he realized where the noise was coming from; and a lightning burst shot out of the cave that he had mistakingly decided to sit atop of. He clutched his cup, and slid down the right side of the cave, eyes ever watchful of the danger that could ensue at any moment; yet he seemed somehow more relaxed then he should holding that cup of steam hot tea.

The sounds stopped abruptly, and Isaac took the moment to listen carefully. His ears good enough to pick up the sound of flesh being cut from bone. He grimaced as he turned the corner. He spotted an elf, obviously an elf due to the color of the skin. While his somewhat blended in with the snow; moon elves much the same color as the moon yet blended in with the snow quite well. He wore his usual attire, his parka's hood covering most of his head as he took a sip of the juice.

The elf held the head of a sandalphon dragon. He sighed, He stepped into view of the elf. "Oddly enough to see someone out here in the middle of bloody no where, more oddly seeing them alive, and to have killed one of those. Still odder, the someone is a Dark elf with an anger problem." He said, taking another sip of his 'tea.' In case you hadn't noticed, its quite hard to make tea in the middle of a bloody tundra without any sort of plants. The fact was it was a fish brain, out he ripped it, squeezed the brain and made some liquid, drained it in a cup and now he sips it. He stood emotionless, not knowing if the elf would kill him or laugh at his stupid joke. Still either way his right thumb caressed the knife up his sleeve; he wasn't about to take any chances with a woman who just killed one of those.
Back to top Go down
Leylia
Aspiring Member
Leylia

Character Profile

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Leylia turned to her right, not expecting another Dragon to be in such close proximity to the Sandalphon and in no position to fight a second one. Her fears were abated as it was another logical being, but just how logical could they be if they were sipping some sort of liquid in the middle of an Icy Nothing. Keeping quiet, she walked over to a pack she had laid down in the snow, and slid the head into it, before sliding the pack onto her back. She realized the actual weight of the head and had to readjust her weapons to fit them all comfortably for the trek back to Adilet, when she was struck with a sudden inspiration.

Could I ask what brings you out to the middle of nowhere... You don't seem to be a Hunter... although my eyes could be deceiving me.. She shared no mirth for his attempt at comedy, as she was just hoping to get home, to a warm bed and a few hours sleep before never returning to Tundra's like this place. She eyed the Light elf up and down before taking a few, slow steps forward trying to show no aggression on the situation. As Self Serving as this may seem.. do you think you could help me find my way out of here.

She could try charming her way through the situation, to securing her way home but she had never really gotten down how to charm another being to do what she wanted, she usually ended up insulting them... or gutting them. Whichever was easier to accomplish. I'll even cut you in on the gold I'm gonna fetch for Butch's body here. Sandalphon scales fetch 50 Gold per on the Market in Adilet... and if you can take me there.. I'll give you 20 percent of the entire profit. She wasn't sure if she was lying or not, really waiting on a response from the elf.. as she could find her way home with or without his corpse in tow.
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:48 pm

She asked what brought him out here, truth was; he was running from something. That something he did not really want her to know about however. "Just lost." he said plainly, he knew the general location, he was in Khlahan and obviously near Mt. Oricles, but he knew not which direction to head in in order to get his ass out of here. As she stepped forward, his thumb relaxed, however the knife was still clearly able to be used. A knife up your sleeve is easy to pull out whether you had your thumb on it or not, it was simply just a force of habit for him to put his thumb there when he was anxious or nervous about a situation. Isaac shrugged at her next question then. "Truth is, I don't myself know a way out. Even if i did.." he began, cutting himself off, the ending was clear though, 'I wouldn't help you.' Gold didn't interest him, nor dark elves. If he had no other choice he would go with. However he knew he would be fine on his own. He had been thus far in his life. 700 years was a long time. He hasn't needed anyone before why need one now?

She then offered the gold, which she expected to do first, but hey; whatever works. "do you have anything besides gold to offer. Perhaps something more interesting? Anything at all?" he asked, gold never really interested him, however if she had something that he could use... that was a whole other story. He was going to use this to his advantage if he was going to travel with her. The old blood still ran thick within his veins, she looked young and most likely didn't remember the time before the sky turned white. He watched her with a hopeful eye, maybe she did have something interesting. He looked over his shoulder once. A myrddraal would not be a happy sight now. He felt himself being watched all the time now, at first it was nothing but ever since that day. He has felt it the eyes of something dark on him. It sent shivers up his spine.

[[Short did it quick before XC practice, sorry! expect better work next time]]
Back to top Go down
Leylia
Aspiring Member
Leylia

Character Profile

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Leylia had nothing else to offer the elf, and so she'd be willing to make her own way home. Lifting her hood over her head she nodded "Graciously" to the other elf. If you've no help to offer, than I bid you a good day. Walking forward, she made her way past the elf and began on the trek that would take a good day to lead her back to civilization, and for that she was annoyed. She'd find a way back, she did have a Promenade to sneak into after all.

(I know it's short, but I realized I've kept you trapped here and I wanted to exit, to stop that, I'm so sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

--End Topic

(its cool.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt   The Hunt I_icon_minitime