One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Crossing Over - A Continuation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

Crossing Over - A Continuation  Empty
PostSubject: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Unlike the Rest
Living by the Bloody Creed

As the two raised the next hill, Sivanas came into sight. Mandarb raised his snout and began down the hill. The snow was much lighter here then back at Daina. Smoke poured out of chimneys and the day could not be more clear. Puffs of cumulus clouds lingered in the horizon and even a few birds few. It had been roughly a days journey to get here. Isaac looked over at Eruraina and then entered the gates. Guards were stationed. This is the port city of Wyrnos. Much more guards were here then in any other city in Wyrnos. They had the classic red cuirass with a lions head on it, and a white cloak behind them. They marched and paraded back and forth in patterns all over the city in small groups of 3 or four. There were much more people here then in Daina as well however was still minimal compared to some of the Cities on Adliet.

"We'll rest here for the night, then take the ferry tomorrow morning. You find an Inn to stay at, i'll find the boat. Meet you back here in an hour. Don't be late." He said, his eyes looking sternly at her on the last part. After she answered, he swung Mandarb about and pressed his heels into the side of his horse, causing it to move at a quick trot across the street heading towards the coast line. The wind here was unforgiving as the moved closer. It ripped through him like a knife. He hugged his cloak closer and his horse shuttered a little as they made their way to the docks.

He dismounted from Mandarb and tied him to a post where a few other horses had been placed. He moved down the dock, looking for a vessel that would qualify. There were maybe 30 boats on the dock. Only three qualified in his eyes. About 20 of them were made for fishing or light travel around the coast. The rest were a variety of party boats or other vessels for crossing the channel. He approached one, its side reading, "Serendipity" a good name for a vessel like itself. It was well groomed and unlike the other boats, this crews deckhands were actually doing things, checking ropes, mopping, things to maintain the boat despite the chilling weather outside. He approached the stern, where the captain stood talking two a couple of crewmembers. "Permission to board Captain?" Isaac asked, looking up, the Captain looked at him with a bit of uncertainty then allowed him aboard.

Isaac made his way over to the captain, examining the boat as he went. "Whens your next crossing scheduled?" He asked him, the Captain looked at him. "A good month or two at least, not crossing the channel anytime soon after our last encounter." Isaac looked confused. "What happened?" He asked, now slightly worried about his traveling plans. The captain drew close. "There's somepin fishy in the waters out there boy. I don't trust em. Boat almost tipped on a calm day. Theres somepin out there." Isaac nodded, and stepped off the boat, and began asking other shipmen about the waters, they all agreed that it had become dangerous. He frowned. This was not looking good.

He asked a few more people, then decided to head back to the spot he said he would meet Eruraina at in an hour. Informing her on the news. They could wait, but he didn't know how long his supply of money would last living in Sivanas for a month. It would have to be sooner then that. Mandarb shook his head, in frustration it seemed too.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile
Class: Warrior
Title: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 pm

The clear skies had made the short journey more enjoyable, and as the snow let up the further south they went, Eruraina almost felt her spirit rise. And then when they crested the final hill and looked upon Sivanas, she felt her heart jump into her throat as she scanned the city. The elf had been this far south once or twice before, but she still felt at awe at the bigger port city. But it wasn't just the city that caught her breath, it was the ocean. The vast expanse of water that reached beyond the horizon that made her feel so small yet so free at the same time. She could smell the salty ear in the breeze. It never ceased to amaze her.

Stella, the grey mare she rode, flung her head pulling Eruraina out of her wistfull thoughts. Isaac had already started ahead into town on his horse Mandarb, and Stella wanted to keep up with the war horse, so Eruraina nudge her into a brisk walk after Isaac, walking beside him as they went into the city. The guards everywhere seemed to put the she-elf on edge, but after awhile she relaxed and grew used to the drilling swordsmen, telling herself they were for protection.

They stopped, and Isaac told her to go find an Inn while he was to find a ship.
"Alright. Right here in an hour," she confirmed with a nod, and waited till her moved off before heading away herself. She prefered not to wandering around looking for an Inn for an hour, so she proceeded to ask around. At first no one would pay her any attention, not that she was very outspoken when it came to being in crowds. In fact she found herself very uncomfortable and out of her element.

Finally a captain of one of a small group of guards helped her out, pointing her in the right direction. She thanked him and went the way he said. It wasn't long before she found the Ivory Wind. It looked like a decient enough place from the outside, so she tied her horse and went in. The central tavern with right inside the door, and it was sparce of customers but slowly starting to fill due to the time of day. There were groups of men all laughing merrily over their meals. The Innkeep was a tall thin man with a peppered beard who game Eruraina a smile when she came in.

"What can I do you for?" he asked, eying her up and down.
"I need two rooms, as well as a place for two horses. Do you have such available?" she asked him. He nodded and told her the price of such accomodations. Eruraina nodded. Seemed fair enough for her, but maybe Isaac would know better of fairness of price since he seemed a little more well traveled.
"Then I would like to reserve the rooms and stabling. I must go but I will return shortly with my companion," the innkeeper nodded at her words. The elf was about to exit the building when someone called out behind her, stopping her in her tracks.

"Eruraina Ruindoleth, is that your flaming hair I see?" a man at one of the table stood and strode over to Raina and embraced her in a huge hug. The elf was a little bewildered and uncomfortable by the contact, if not annoyed.
"Grism... long time no see," she said through clenched teeth as the stalky man put her down and stepped back.
"Aye, a long time it has been. What brings you so far south? And who could you possibly have as your companion you lone wolf."
"I'm leaving Wrynos, but who I travel with is my own business. I'm only passing through."
"Wait, leaving Wrynos? I thought you were rooted in Daina. Just like that father of yours. Good man, shame how he died," Grism stated the last, mournfully. He had been a friend of Eruraina's father, and saw Eruraina as a neice. Where as the elf only saw him as an aquaintance that had a mutual friend.
"Things change, and I'd rather not bring back painful memories right now. And I must go meet my companion, if you would exuse me, maybe some other time we can visit, but not now," and without another word, Eruraina left the Ivory Wind, retreived Stella, and made her way back at the meeting place. It had not yet been an hour since they had split, but already Isaac was waiting for her.

He looked grim faced and trouble. She asked him what was wrong, and his answer only brought a frown to Eruraina's face. She was sympithetic to the frustration. The elf would have prefered to leave Sivanas sooner than later as well, if only just to not run into any more aquaintances and have to explain herself again. Not to mention there might be a problem with the funds. Her pocket was not very deep, and she wasn't sure how much Isaac had, but it may not be enough to stay at an Inn for a month.
"Then what do you suppose we do?" she asked. "I've found an inn with room and board not far from here. It's a cleanly and nice enough place."
She was about to suggest camping outside of town, but thought better of it, even though Eruraina would have been more comfortable away from the crowds, her companion might appretiate a roof and a bed more than she would...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Unlike the Rest

Eruraina rode up towards him and looked rather pleased with herself for the time being. Her face turned sour once he told her the news. "Lets have a look." He said, gesturing for her to lead the way towards the Inn. As they set off, he paid attention to the people around, observing what they were doing. It all seemed natural for the time being. Something however, caught his eye. A poster with the word "MISSING" written on it. He pulled Mandarb aside and went to take a closer look at it. Below the letters was a picture of a man's face. The face looked.. extremely similar to Isaacs, but it was not him. They could be brothers no doubt though. Isaac looked closer at the poster and moved closer towards it.

Adrian Darrius Tomleson

Isaac need not read anymore. He yanked the poster from the wall it was tacked to and folded it into his pocket. "Gone missing near Anahera.. All the more reason." he whispered to himself. Then turned and trotted to catch up to Eruraina. "Did you see this?" He asked her pulling the poster out and showing her it. He continued riding after she glanced over it and pushed it back into his pocket. "Did you see the name? Did you see it?? I'm not the only one alive. We have to find him. We have to." his voice had turned to determination and he looked ahead boldly. "We're getting off this rock tomorrow. If i have to pilot the ship myself." His voice reverberated, serious and stubborn. There was nothing that would stop him now.

As they neared the Inn, Isaac looked it over, examining the stable-boys, and the location of the Inn. "It'll do." he told her as he dismounted from Mandarb and led him into the stable. Handing the reins to the boy and giving the horse one last pat. Then turned to enter the building. Inside was homey and relaxed. The Inn-Keep recognized Eruraina as soon as she stepped in, noticing Isaac now too. "Ahhh! This must be your companion? Have you decided to stay here tonight then?" He asked the two, Isaac smiled at him, he seemed good of heart. "Yeah, this will do just fine for the night. How much is it?" The lanky man dropped a figure on him and Isaac's eyes opened up a little. "A bit steep.." He said, turning back towards the door. The Keeper raised his hand and urged now. "Ohh! but for you, we will make it half." Isaac smiled. "That'll do." He said, dropping the coin into his hand. The Innkeeper produced two keys from his shirt pocket. "Here you are, enjoy your stay."

Isaac was a bit confused at the two keys. "Two rooms?" he asked heading up the stairs. "We could squeeze into one comfortably, and pay less. But if you'd rather have both rooms, then that is fine." He said, raising a brow. Money was soon to become a concern, He would have to convince the captain to leave tomorrow, which most likely meant, a large amount of funding. And possibility the recruiting of some personnel to protect his vessel. Thoughts ran rampant through his mind, things were getting complicated now.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:48 pm

As they made their way back to the Inn, Eruraina turned at one point to find that Isaac had moved off and was looking at something. She wondered what had caught his intrest, but didn't have to wonder for long. When he showed her the missing persons poster, at first she thought he showed her a picture of himself. But upon a closer look it wasn't him, but looked awefully close to it. But he made a big deal about the name, but then words Isaac had said upon their first meeting came to mind. I'm the reason my whole clan is dead.

"A member of your clan?" she inquired. "We can try, but don't let it make you start thinking to drastically..."

Then they reached the Inn. She dismounted, grabbed her bag, and handed Stella to the stable boy as well. Inside she found how bad her people skills and knowledge of prices really was. As they headed up the stairs, Eruraina glanced around the room and spotted Grism who was smirking at her from the back of the tavern with his buddies. She chose to ignore him, and took her key from Isaac.

"I prefer my privacy and solitude," she said upon his comment of two rooms. "And I can pay for my room myself. I'm acompanying you, not mooching off your funds, if you get my meaning..."
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Unlike the Rest

His eyes looked at her confusedly. Did she not understand? "My whole clan is dead, this guy looks exactly like me, and has the same last name as me. This is all the more reason to start thinking drastically!" He said, completely engaged in this topic now. He stayed along side her until they entered the Inn and he obtained the Keys. "I have plenty of funding, I figured since you were coming along.. i should take of you.. The worlds a dangerous place. The inn-keeper totally tried to rip you off before.. you'll be out of money in no time if you don't learn the way. I'll let you pay for yourself once you start seeing the real world." He said, trying to explain his reasoning. He didn't want to babysit her any more then she wanted him to. She just wasn't ready yet. She hadn't even seen a major city yet, and everyone was in it for themselves.

He pushed open the door to his room. Just as he did, he activated a technique on Eruraina. A simple psychic technique so that if something were to happen to her, he would sense it. He closed the door behind him and locked it. He hoisted his bag to a desk and opened one of the pouches, producing a map of Meika, and he began to plot their course between the coast and Anahera. They were heading there as fast as possible. He had to find his clan-member... he had to find Adrian.

After several hours of plotting, the fire in the hearth had died to coals, and he put the map away. He picked up some logs and tossed them into the hearth, knowing it would be enough to last him through the night. He took the poker and arranged them as best he could. Then he put the poker down, closed his bag and laid down on his bed. Tomorrow was a test of how well he could convince someone to do something for him. He knew if he played it right he could get anyone to do what he pleased. He pulled the covers over his body and slept restlessly.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm

"No, it isn't. It would do this Adrian no good if you eneded up dead at the bottom of the ocean. I may not know much when it comes to dealing with people, but keeping your head when your body want to loose it is necessary in most, if not all, situations," the words were more of a grumble. She didn't want to argue anymore about the point, but she didn't like his reaction to it.

Upon going back in the Inn, she felt on edge about his comments. "I..." she wasn't sure to say. He was right. "I don't like dealing with people. Not in the least." Even if I am even traveling with them, her thoughts remained her thoughts, as she went to her room, closing and locking the door behind her. Finally she was alone and she sunk down onto the bed, a bed much nicer than her cot at home. Eruraina thought she might enjoy being around more people, but she had been wrong.

For awhile she just sat there breathing. Finally she removed her cloak and bag and quiver, setting them beside the bed. She surprised herself by not feeling tired, but then again she was used to traveling, and traveling on foot. Raina's legs were a little sore from riding in a saddle for so long, though. But not being tired, she pulled out the two books from her bag. one she wrote in, since it was her journal. Then, she sat back on the bed and read through the other book, her father's journal.

She lay reading till long after midnight when she finally blew out the lamp, the fire down to coals, and fell into a deep dreamless sleep caused by the comfort of the bed...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Unlike the Rest

He nodded, acknowledging her thoughts. "Fair enough. We'll be extra careful then." he said with a stupid grin. When something was on his mind, there was little that could take it off of it. He had very bad tunnel vision. He chuckled. "Most of us don't. But Sometimes you have to deal with people when the worlds coming to an end. I don't like dealing with people any more then the next guy, unless they're a friend." he said plainly, smiling a little. "But! We all have to do things we don't like. I'll wake you in the morning. Good Night." He said, and closed the door behind him.

. . .

He awoke before dawn. Sleeping so loudly, he was pretty sure his teeth hurt from grinding them in his sleep. He rubbed his jaw and got out of bed. He still had a few hours before dawn. He decided it was best he get to work. So that things were ready to go when it came time to awaken Eruraina. He slipped his cloak on, shoes, and other essential gear, leaving the rest in his room. He exited, closed and locked the door behind him and set off downstairs. The Inn was still silent. He crept out the front door and made his way into the streets. Other then the guards there was pretty much no one in the streets. Even the guards were more relaxed now too, they didn't patrol simply stood in small groups around the town. There were a few other people walking around too, there was always things to do in a city.

He made his way towards a group of the guards. "Might i ask what it would cost to hire some of you?" Isaac asked casually, almost too casually. These were Royal Guards. The one laughed. "You must be joking? Clearly you don't know who we are." The one said, Isaac simply grinned. "Oh. I know. I also know that my pockets are deep." He said reaching into a small purse and extracting a coin. "I need 10 of you. How much is it going to cost me?" His tone, rapidly fell seriously upon them. They exchanged figures back and forth for a while until they agreed on a price. "Deal. You get half now, and the other half when we arrive in Meika. Meet me at the Serendipity in 3 hours." He said reaching into a pocket on his belt and extracting a purse, then dropping it into the guards hand. The guards agreed and moved on. Armor clunking quietly in the early dawn.

He then made his way towards the Serendipity. The gallant ship whom Isaac had picked out. He swallowed hard, this was becoming costly quickly. He cared not though. Money was not one of the things that concerned him. The boat was silent, creaking in the water as it tilted a little. He jumped the railing and made his way down into the hull. The living quarters were loud with the snoring of men. He reached the last door which read "Captain" on it clearly, and pounded hard on it. The ship awoke instantly as swords were drawn and doors were opened. "Whatada Think 'Yur Doin here!?" A crew member ordered pointing his curved sword at Isaac. The small hallway was cramped with men and weapons all drawn at the ready. The Captains door finally opened. "Whats the meanin of this?" He ordered, sword at his side.

"I've come to offer you a deal." Isaac said, tossing a small sack of coins at the captains feet. "You and your ship, leave at dawn today. And i can assure you, there is plenty more where that came from." Isaac said, the crew member shifted lightly as the captain picked up the coins. "Who'd you think you ar? Comin aboard me ship offerin me munny. This ship ain' for sale. And neither ar its crew. Find yourself another boat to take on your crazy scheme. The w'ters too wild now." Isaac nodded. "I figured you would say something along the lines. I have hired additional Protection, along with myself." The captain laughed deeply. "Oh, Blessed me, we have you! Hahah. You make me sick!" Isaac frowned. "I can make you dead too if you'd like." he grumbled. His body turning that misty black color. The crew members took a step back.

The captains face became serious. "How much are we talking." he said, and slowly Isaac reverted back to his normal self. He handed him a bag of coins. "The other half when we arrive." The Captain nodded. "At dawn. Boys. Tow the line. We sail t'mmrow." Isaac grinned and stepped off the boat. Heading back towards the Inn now.

As he approached the door, the smell of baked goods set his nose off and he grinned. Opening the door he went upstairs, to see if Eruraina was awake yet or not. The sun was beginning to peak over the horizon, and she had been rising early as he was on the night before. He wouldn't doubt if she was already up. After he checked he made his way downstairs to get breakfast. And break the news.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Eruraina awoke jus before the sun peaked over the mountains to announce dawn. She found herself well rested and energized as well as in a good mood despite all the events that had happened of late. She quickly got out of bed and put on her boots and stuff and headed downstairs. The common room was mostly empty with the exception of of the Innkeeper, a serving maid and one or two early birds. She sat down at the closest table and waited for the server to come near.

"Is there any breakfast cooked yet?" Eruraina inquired.
"Theres a bit of coffee and rolls ready, the rest is still being cooked," came the reply. Eruraina ordered some rolls, and the maid quickly brought it to her. The elf took no time eating it, brushing the crumbs off of her shirt.

She remained sitting there for some time, watching people come in and out as the Inn started waking up and breakfast finished cooking. That was when Isaac came in, and she waited for him to come to her. From the look on his face he looked like he had some news...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 am

Unlike the Rest

Eruraina was sitting at a table watching the entrance of the Inn as Isaac expected she was already awake. The door closed behind him and he made his way towards towards her he began to unbutton a few buttons in his jacket so that the heat from the building could seep in. It was much warmer here then outside. He sat down across from her. "We leave this morning. For Meika" He said in all seriousness, his face looked hardened and battle-worn. "So eat, and gather your things. They'll be expecting us." He continued in the same moderate tone.

He stood up then and made his way over to the bar where a woman was cleaning out mugs and cups. "I need breakfast for the road, I'll be back in 10 minutes." The woman nodded plainly and Isaac made his way to the stairs and ascended to the top. Making his way down the hallway he pulled his key out of his pocket and unlocked the door, pushing the door open to his room. The room was cold as ice, the fire had died to all but embers. He didn't bother adding wood to it though, he wouldn't be in there long. A cool mist of air escaped his mouth as he breathed each shallow breath. He grabbed his pack and began to check each piece of gear he had, making sure everything was in order. He completely emptied his bags and then re-stuffed them. Then checked his person for the other essential items he carried on him at all times. It took him quite some time before he finally noticed his hands were turning purple and slung the bag over his shoulder, and picked up his saddle-bag making his way back downstairs.

His meal was in a small paper wrapping, and he picked it up with two free fingers and placed it in his mouth carrying it along with him outside to Mandarb. The horse had been fed and was awake and jittery. Too long had it been sitting still it was ready for movement. He grinned at its anxiety and placed the saddle on him. As soon as he did the horse pretty much galloped in place ready to go. But he waited for Isaac to mount him before he moved an inch forward. Isaac stood next to him and ate his meal, occasionally stroking its nose between bites.

Now he just waited for Eruraina.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Eruraina had expected such news from him. From his determination that had settled into him from seeing the poster of a missing clan member, to the look on his face. From what she had known of Isaac, he wasn't one to wait or stop to think. He wanted to go where he had to go and get things done without a second thought even if it meant putting his, and others' necks on the line. But maybe that was what made Eruraina go with him because she was always the type to put safety over speed if one had to be replaced by the other.

When Isaac had gone up stairs, Eruraina ordered a cut of coffee and drank that down before going up to her room as well. All of her things were already ready, but she checked once to make sure she had everything, the room having grown slightly cold though there were still embers in the hearth. The elf grabbed her pack and quiver and slung them over her shoulders and made her way downstairs where she turned in the key to her room.

She was about to exit the building when that rough, and annoyingly familiar voice stopped her along with a strong hand on her shoulder.
"Now where're you off to, Raina? Leaving Wrynos already? And without saying goodbye to old friend?" Grism gave her a big toothy grin. She shrugged his hand off her shoulder and turned to face him, her hand going to the hilt of her hunting knife very casually, but also as a gesture for him to back off.
"Yes, I'm leaving, and last time I checked we weren't friends at all. You were just an acquaintance with my father. Now if you'll excuse me I should be going," she turned to go but Grism grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him, stooping down so their eyes were on the same level.
"Listen here, elfling, I ain't in no mood for smart alecs. I wasn't just an 'acquaintance' with your father, I was the one who kept him from loosing that old shack of his. He's owes me more than you're worth. It's a shame he's dead. In which case maybe I should get my money back through you," he hissed in her ear. Eruraina tried to pull away but his grip was too strong for her.
"You can have the shack, I'm not going back to it any time soon. Theres still the furniture and trophies there. Keep them, I don't care. There's no key so it's not locked. You're welcome to it, now let me go I must leave before I'm left behind," Eruraina retorted, yanking her arm out of his grip only because he let her, that toothy grin still on his face.
"How do I know it's not burned down and that's why you're leavin?" he asked abruptly, his smile turning into a business glare.
"You'll just have to take my word for it and go look yourself," she answered, and darted out the door before he could stop her again. She was halfway to the stables by the time Grism had a foot out the door, in which he just shrugged and went back inside, deciding it wasn't worth the chase.

And because of that Eruraina was late to rendezvous with Isaac. It was mere minutes till sunrise when she made it into the barn, her face flushed from her encounter with Grism. Without a word, she saddled Stella and attached her pack to the saddle before mounting. As expected Isaac was already waiting and ready, so all they had to do was put their heels to the horses' sides and they were on their way toward the docks...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Unlike the Rest

Isaac was actually behind her coming down the stairs, she had set off from her room before he, and overheard the conversation between her and the Grism figure she was held captive of. After she exited the room and set off, Isaac stepped downstairs, pulled the Grism fellow aside. Grabbing him by the wrist and twisting it hard. "Touch her again. I'll make sure you won't wake tomorrow. Look at her direction wrong, and you'll have broken bones. Watch your step line walker." he said, pulling his knife away from the ribcage of the man, which had left a nice hole in it. He exited the building without a word and mounted Mandarb. "Lets go." he said pressing his heels into Mandarb's sides and making his way towards the docks at a reasonable pace.

The boat sail's were raised, the crew stood at the ready. A large group of Royal Guard stood atop the boat, about 8 of them, geared up and waiting to go. Isaac gave a cocked grin and rode Mandarb onto the boat. He dismounted and a crew member took the reins and pulled Mandarb away, Mandarb reluctantly following, Stella pulled by a separate crew-member towards the holding station for the horses. Isaac approached the captain. "Whenever your ready Captain." the captain gave him a large frown. Then nodded and raised his voice. "Raise Anchor! Set Sail!" The crew pulled hard on the anchor chain until it was out of the water and the ship began at a slow crawling pace. Isaac remained watching the boat leave then turned to Eruraina. "There's rooms for us downstairs, you have your own room, as requested. Be careful, usually takes a while for a newcomer to get their sea legs, don't feel ashamed if you need to throw up." He said, then turned and made his way towards the guards and a few crew members whom were speaking with them.

He engaged in the conversation eventually making his way to the point he wanted to make. In the case of an attack, he wanted to be prepared, so he set a few guards on watch at all times, the rest were free to relax and do as they please unless needed. The crew would also keep a steady eye on the weather and the waters. Signs of major storms or whirlpools would be essential to stay away from. Isaac didn't want to risk anything more dangerous then it already was. The two groups nodded in agreement and began discussing what could possibly attack them, and a few rumors. Isaac held them close to heart. There was no need to disregard comments that could be valid. He kept a sharp eye.

The weather was calm, but cold. Wind lapped at his sides and attacked his bones. Despite his cold, most of the crew wore shorts long sleeved shirts and no footwear. The guards were in standard uniform. The captain wore a heavy coat and long pants. Ahead clouds loomed over the higher seas. Isaac looked warily at them, they were heading towards them. Most likely nothing, but he didn't like how the world refused to prove him wrong in the late of days. He took much caution, and you could see the worry on his face more then ever before. Water was not his strong point. And he didn't much like traveling by boat, he made as few trips as possible. He watched for Eruraina, important to know if she needed help, besides a deck-hand or two, she was the only female on the boat.

Too many things could go wrong here. Isaac had to keep everything, and everyone in line. The captain watched him always. Measuring his movement, Isaac looked back to him one time, the Captain did not look away. It was a message. 'I am watching you.' Isaac accepted it, and resumed his work.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 pm

(I had a nice big awesome post all done up and I pressed send and my computer glitched... so here is a not-so-awesome post instead... >.>)

When they were both mounted and ready they left the inn behind, and made their way through the already busy town, the horse's hooves clopping along on the cobblestone. Eruraina followed Isaac through the streets filled with all kinds of people and out to the docks. It wasn't long before they rode up the loading ramp and were aboard the ship that would take them south across the ocean. She followed Isaac's example and dismounted Stella, letting the mare be led away by a shipmate.

This was the first time she had been on a ship before, and she looked around curiously while the captain and Isaac exchanged words. When he turned to her, she nodded in acknowledgment and watched as me made his way elsewhere on the ship, conversing with others as he went.

As the crew got the ship on it's way out to open sea, Eruraina did her best to stay out of the way while being in a place where she had the best view of what was going on on the ship. She watched as a crew member climbed the rope ladder up to the masts to check the riggings with expert speed, and how one tug on certain ropes caused the sails to move in accurate movements to steer the ship.

But it wasn't long before her curiosity wasn't enough to distract her from the constant rocking of the ship. When her legs started shaking and her stomach started doing back flips she was leaning over the nearest rail, her gag reflex working over time as she tried to keep her breakfast down. But it was a loosing battle and soon the contents of her stomach were floating away in the sea as she remained shaking and leaning over the rail. With an empty stomach she didn't feel so sick, but if someone looked at her face she swore it would be a bright green.

When her stomach was calm for a moment she managed to look up at what was going on around deck. Several of the crew members sent her amused glances, eyes laughing at the week landlubber. Eruraina chose to ignore them and spotted Isaac further towards the bow of the ship. He was gazing across the open sea ahead with a very wary look, especially towards the clouds growing. Every now and then he would turn to make sure everything was in order.

Raina's stomach did another flip when the boat did an especially large rock as it hit a bigger wave, making her lean back over the edge, though there was nothing left in her stomach for her to loose...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Unlike the Rest

((That sucks. : steady eye on both the crew, the guards and the storm ahead. The sea was becoming more and more rocking, he was not the most experienced sailor by any stretch of the imagination, however he had grown accustomed to sea travel, and his stomach did nothing but give him dirty looks. For Eruraina, the same could not be said. Isaac couldn't help but notice her retching and dry heaves as they made their way out to the high seas. He made his way towards her and pulled from inside his coat a small bottle of water. "[color=lightblue]Drink, you're losing liquids you need." he said to her as he handed it to her. "Don't try to focus on one thing either, feel the waves beneath your feet, let them pour over you. It will make it easier." He continued, leaning on the railing using his arms. "First times the worst, you'll make it through. After you puke a couple more times." he said, unable to suppress a small smile.

It had only been a few hours, luckily the travel would not take long, especially in these high winds. Maybe three or four more hours at best. Unless the wind changed, which it didn't look like it was going to anytime soon, which helped Isaac significantly, he didn't want to be trapped on a boat for a whole day. Especially with the rumors. A sudden shout was heard from behind them. Isaac instantly turned to seek out the cause. A crew member on a mast pointed ahead. Isaac looked in the direction, he couldn't help but give a grin. A whale, breeching on its side. A few whoops were heard from the crew. Pleased at the sighting of a whale, that would keep most things away from this area. Especially if there were more whales around. Isaac gave Eruraina a pat on the back and looked at another whale breeching now beside its companion. The whole crew was distracted, even the guards seemed glued to the fascinating whale. Isaac was the first to notice. "To Arms!" he commanded and the guards looked perplexed.

The water had turned to a red sea. The whale breeched again, showing a huge gash in its side. The crew jumped at their positions. The guards drew weapons, some had bows. They placed an arrow and moved to the side of the ship, watching the waters. "If any of my crew dies today, its on your head Kinslayer!" the captain said, taking the helm. Isaac shot him a look and growled in his throat, his magicka forming around him, preparing to use any sort of attack or defense needed. The whale breeched again. A huge mouth opened beneath it, biting it in two. Isaac's face turned to horror and shock. No. he said, goosebumps forming on his arms. Some crew members began to cry, the guards stood strong, for the time being, though they were definitely unnerved. "Get away from the sides of the ship! Full speed ahead!" Isaac ordered, the captain looked at him. "Full Speed ahead! Move away from the sides!" he ordered, this time the crew obeyed. The second whale was just on the surface of the water, it was not moving.

The beast finally showed itself as it shot up through the second one. A huge, worm like creature, its mouth filled with Razor sharp teeth that were in rows upon rows going back into its throat even. Its huge gills billowing in the wind. "A Wyyrm.." he said aloud. One of the most deadly things in the breaking. He knew what it meant. He pulled the stone from his pocket, the crack had increased in size. He was setting the boundaries. "We have to turn back, its crazy to go onward!" the captain shouted. Isaac shook his head. "No. We're just as dead back there as we are here. Forward! It can only stray so far!" The captain took a firmer grip of the wheel and began to bark orders at the crew. Below them, doors opened in the hull. Huge crossbows sat on the deck. The crew began to arm them. Isaac frowned. "Stay away from the sides, use your bow, aim for its gums." he told Eruraina. Before venturing below deck to the crew members arming the bolts.

The crew looked at him oddly, giving him a look like "What the hell are you doing here?" He examined the bows, there was 4 on each side. "It can't see them coming, only hear it. Do you have any spare wood?" The crew pointed to a pile of wood, and Isaac pulled out his Kris. He made a rather large whistle with the wood, being careful and watching the beast make its way towards them. He grabbed some rope and attached it to one of the bolts. "Make these for every 4th shot. The first shot you make will be this, then fire the other three in the direction it moves. Aim high, it needs to penetrate upwards into it. Its scales won't let you hit it downwards on it. The last three shots should be in synchrony with each other so all three hit, not just one. The whistler is a distraction. Be quick. Fire true." he told them, and they looked confused, but accepted the job.

The guards drew sword. "Unless your stabbing it in the mouth, those won't be much use." Isaac told some of the guards who were on deck. "You probably know more about firing those things below then they do. If not, help them make bolts. Its going to take a lot of them." He told the guards. The captain had a wild smile on his face but looked angry at the same time. Isaac's bones were cold. This was bad.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Eruraina glared at Isaac. The only thing she could think about was the waves, and that wasn't helping. Now if everything stopped moving, then she might feel better, but concentrating on the waves wasn't. But she appreciated the help, and accepted the water, taking a few sips before another wave made her loose her balance slightly and grabbed for the rail again, bottle still in hand with water.

The elf heard the call of the crew member and also turned to see what he had spotted. It was the first whale Eruraina had ever seen. From that distance she could tell how huge the animal was. But as cool as seeing the whale was, her stomach gave another heave and she was glaring at the water right next to the ship. But now something was wrong with the water. She felt Isaac pat her back but she was too distracted by the water that seemed a strange color. A color the elf was very familiar with in her line of work.

"Blood?" she said, then suddenly heard her companion yell beside her. "To arms!" The hair on the back of Eruraina's neck stood on end when she heard this. With one last heave, she forced herself to look up back towards the water at the front of the ship. She was just in time to see the Wyrm come up and kill the whale, and a shudder ran through Eruraina's body. She had been slightly awed by the size of the whales. But this thing...

Orders were being called about, and chaos erupted around the deck. The sea sickness was forgotten as Eruraina pushed herself away from the edge and did as Isaac said. Quickly she had her bow out and strung, with an arrow knocked and ready. She had only a dozen shots on her, so she had to make each arrow count. Before she could shoot the creature disappeared back into the water, and Isaac disappeared below deck.

It became eerily quiet and calm. Whoever wasn't working on making the ship go stood completely still. Eruraina was no exception. She moved to a place where she would have a clear shot on either side while staying out of the way of the rest of the crew at the same time, gray eyes scanning the water around them.

There, she saw the shadow in the blood colored ocean on the starboard side. She had her bow drawn before the creature, the wyrm, breaked the water, mouth gaping. Eruraina's eyes turned from gray to blue as she activated her technique, her eyes becoming sharper. In the instant when it just breached there was a small spot where it's gums were most exposed. Eruraina saw it, and shot, her black-tipped arrow hitting it's mark. But it was nothing more than a pinprick to the beast, as the elf went for another arrow from her quiver and pulling back. The crew around her was getting to work shooting bolts from the crossbows on the deck. Most of the bolts bounced off the scales, but a few angled just right sunk into the flesh under the scales.

The wyrm stretched it's gills in annoyance, and Eruraina spotted an opening behind one. She wasn't sure what it would do but she shot two arrows into the tender flesh just bellow the gill, the arrows, feathers included, disappearing into the great sea serpent. Then it went under again and the boat rocked wildly in it's wake.

Eruraina, with her uncertain land legs, stumbled, and reached out for the nearest thing to steady herself and the ship lurched. And she just so happened to grab the arm of a person, but she didn't look to see who. Her eyes, now back to gray, were too busy scanning the waters, waiting for the creature to come up again. The whole time her heart was pounding in her ears, her adrenaline kicking in, giving her eyes an almost wild look. This was no ravenous wolf pack, or lone Dragkhor. This was a creature Eruraina thought only exsisted in myth...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Unlike the Rest

The beast was beginning to falter. Blood black as Isaac's Hair spilled into the sea from the Wyrm. Isaac felt useless. He was no fighter. But finally it fell below the ship. Isaac breathed sharp. "Prepare to be boarded!" He ordered the crew, and men armed with swords and cutlasses encircled the deck. "Boarded!? By whom!?" The captain commanded. And Isaac had already activated his technique. His body becoming misty and black. "That." his voice drew low now in the technique. His mouth was white inside, glowing a bright color. His teeth however were sharp and jagged. His eyes a light blue now as he began flinging his body around. The first of the creatures boarded.

The Wyrm was dying. So it did what any smart creature would do. Release its offspring. Unfortunately for them, Wyrm offspring were just as deadly as their older counterparts. Simply smaller and having short legs used to crawl and climb things. The first one let out a hiss as it boarded. Isaac struck it hard and it flew back into the water. The crew gave a woop and watched for more. And more there were. Dozens of them began to climb up the sides of the ship. He saw one of the guards loose an arrow and the baby wyrm was hit in the face, flying off the deck. The crew engaged. The things were about the size of an average sized dog. Isaac plowed through them, making his way further and further towards the edge of the ship. Before finally reaching the edge and swinging one arm after the next, knocking each Wyrm off. "FORWARD." He ordered the captain who seemed more interested in the fight. He gave a growl and the ship continued forward.

The fighting became fierce as the Crew tired. They just kept coming. Dozens upon dozens. Isaac let out a yell and continued tearing every one he could to bits. Their black blood coating the deck and rails. One of the guards had a large hammer he swung back and forth, each hit creating a loud, crunch as it literally crushed the skull of the thing. Another crew member speared a wyrm and flung it at another one. Slowly however, crew members went down, and it took more energy to defeat fewer of them. They wouldn't stop. Isaac's Magicka was running low, and he didn't know how much longer he could hold up his relentlessness against them. He'd then be left to a man with a knife. Not the best of situations for him, Since he held little skill with any sort of weapon really.

The guards fought viciously however. If not for them. The crew would be screwed. The archers were doing their job keeping the things back and limiting how many could continue to batter the rag tag group of soldiers and sailors. The wyrms attack had begun to slow now however. And Isaac felt a little more secure as they continued away, picking up speed.

Kirisute Gomen
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 pm

After loosing three more arrows, and watching a dozen or so more bolts hit the wyrm, it finally gave a shudder and sank down into the water for the last time. Eruraina gave a sigh of relief and looked around at the damage. Luckily there's wasn't much, if any at all. Just many weary, and thoroughly scared crew members and soldiers. But the elf didn't let herself relax, feeling that it had been to easy to take down the beast.

Her elven ears heard the skittering of the critters coming up the ship just as the yelling began again. It had been too easy. And now the hard part was trying to make it's way onto the ship. But Eruraina wasn't safe where she was, so she quickly went over to where the other archers stood and tried to make every shot count.

The creatures kept coming, the deck becoming covered with the black blood. And Eruraina's arrows quickly ran out, but the soldiers had plenty to spare with extra quivers for just this reason and let her have some to shoot. And the waves of wyrmlings seemed never ending, so she ran out of the borrowed arrows as well. With none left to shoot, she discarded her bow and pulled out her hunting knife, knowing she was be of little use in close combat since her strange laid in range. But at least she could try to keep the creatures away from the other archers.

Eruraina was slow to taking them down, allowing herself to dodge back and around one creature at a time to sink her blade in the weakest spot she could find; the place right behind the gills. Luckily at this time the creatures were coming in less numbers, and success seemed to be in the grasp of the crew and soldiers that made their way across the water. So it was just her luck when she dodged one too slow and found her leg in the mouth of one of the wyrmlings, causing her to fall and cry out in pain. She kicked desperately at the thing's face, and as a last resort threw her knife at it. She must have gotten it in some vital organ because it's jaw -if thats what you can call it- loosened and it fell over dead.

The she-elf reached over and grabbed her knife from the creature, knowing it was her only defense, the adrenaline dulling the pain for the moment. From her position on the ground she looked around to see if she was in any immediate danger of another wyrmling. But the numbers were dwindling thanks to the soldiers and sailors, and the shadow figure that could only be Isaac. Wyrmling and sailor and soldier bodies littered the deck, which was covered with blood. Eruraina had been lucky compared to others.

At least it seemed to be that way until the adrenaline died and the pain shot up her leg like a bolt of lightning to a pole. She bit her lip so hard it bled in order to keep herself from crying out again, holding her leg just above the wound which was bleeding fiercly...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Here we Go
Deliver us from Evil

Finally after what seemed like Hours. The last of the Wyrmlings were defeated. Isaac immiedately released his technique, not wanting to waste any more magicka then he needed to. He glanced around. His skills with medicine were ameteur at best. But he had a basic knowledge on how to fix certain injuries and prevent them from getting worse. He glanced around. Eruraina was on the deck. Grabbing her bloodied leg. Isaac rushed over. The Wyrmling that had caused this was obviously the one laying not far away from her body. He checked the beast, moving over to examine its teeth. He was thankful, the holes had not formed in its teeth yet, it was not venomous. He made his way back over to her and opened his coat, tearing the shirt he had on beneath it in two. He tightly wound it around the bite. Then tied it off. After that he looped it through and tied it to her belt. So that it remained in that position as best he could.

"I'll be back. Stay still. Don't go anywhere." He ordered her. And moved off, to check on other crew members, Checking for the venom in their wounds. Most did not have any wounds to make up. But the few that did were horrific. The wyrmlings crawled and bit as many times as they could before they went down. 2 Men were dead, another was severely injured with little possibility of survival. Another 5 were minorly injured. These were the ones Isaac looked into. One, just one had the venom in his body. "Sorry pal. Unless we manage to make landfall in 30 minutes and find us some Tan'Angreal, I can't help you. Keep pressure. If you have any spirits. I suggest getting them. Its going to be fire in your veins. And freezing in your bones." It was a guard, the only guard that was injured in fact. And he was soon to be dead. The man wept quietly. Another guard made his way over, bringing him some water.

Isaac made his way back over to Eruraina, calling for another man's help as he did. "Lift her, lets move her below deck." He told the man, as Isaac grabbed her by the shoulders and the other man using a very careful grip on her legs rose her up and they made their way downstairs. "How do you feel? We'll find something to dull the pain. Unfortunately there is not much i can do. And there isn't a doctor with us." He told her. He made his way to her room, pushing open the door with his foot and making his way to a cot. The man lowered her down onto it. And Isaac helped. "Thats all. Thanks." The man exited the room. Isaac took a seat next to her cot. He was tired. Dark shadows had formed below his eyes, and his eye-lids were heavy. His head sank a little as he sat there. "You'll make it. Just rest" his voice had grown quiet. You could see before he was definitely working to hold his composure in front of the crew. But here in the solidity of Eruraina's room, he was exhausted.

With his last words, his eyes shut and he leaned onto the side of her cot, falling asleep. His hands that were clenched in adrenaline, relaxed and opened in his lap. He had a peaceful look on his face as he slept in such a weird position. The ship moved forward. He felt - safe.

Crawling Back to Insanity
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:13 pm

(The reason I have used a color for when Eruraina talks is because I was still deciding on a color. I finally decided on one! #3090C7)

The wyrmlings were dead. And few had died or been injured compared to the number of men on board. And of the few that were wounded, Eruraina just happened to be one of them. Isaac came quickly and bound her would before caring for the others, telling her to stay put.

"Trust me, I'm not going anywhere," she retorted, knowing she wouldn't be able to go anywhere on her own, and cursed herself for her slowness. Eruraina glanced around the deck as she waited. The crew that wasn't working on keeping the ship moving or helping the wounded were cleaning up the dead carcasses and fixing the damage to the ship. But everyone seemed to be quiet as the adrenaline of the fight wore off. Around them the seas became calm again. Even the dark clouds that had been ahead seemed to have lightened and become wisps high in the atmosphere.

When Isaac came back, Eruraina found herself reluctant to be lifted up even though the sailor's sea legs were much more trustworthy than her now handicapped land legs on the ship. Even so, she still didn't like the idea of being carried, but she didn't have room to debate since most of her concentration was spent on not whimpering in pain.

"How do I feel? How do you think I feel with having a piece of my leg missing," she said through gritted teeth. There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "No doctor... of course. There's never a doctor around when you need one."

Eruraina was relieved when she was finally let down on a cot, no longer having to depend on the sailor who quickly exited. Quickly she situated herself on the cot to where she had her leg inclined with a pillow, and her back was leaning against the wall since she didn't want to lay down completely. When she was as comfortable as she could get, she looked over at Isaac who was slumped in a chair next to her.

"You look like you need more rest than me, friend. I can imagine that magick you use, that makes you look... well... I can imagine it must take quite a bit out of someone," she said, feeling the fatigue in her own body. But she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep, even with the gentle rocking of the ship. She was too tired to feel sick, but still she couldn't sleep. Eruraina waited and noticed that Isaac seemed to have fallen asleep in his slumped over position in the chair. She couldn't help but smile slightly, realizing that he had hid his fatigue until he was out of site of the crew of the ship and the soldiers. That strength had been a facade.

Luckily her bag was within reaching distance, and so soon she sat reading out of her father's journal for the hundredth time, having nothing else to do...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:11 pm

(I'm gonna end the topic here, And we'll continue in another one I'll make in Meika)
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm

(Sounds good to me!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossing Over - A Continuation    Crossing Over - A Continuation  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossing Over - A Continuation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Wrynos :: Jyrgahl :: Sivanas :: Silvanas Harbor-
Jump to: