One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Message : Theres a Reason for each word, each phrase, each glance each gaze.

Character Profile
Race: Elven
Class: Conjurer
Title: Kinslayer

Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  Empty
PostSubject: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm so Lost
Where shall I go, how can I get there?

"LAND HOOOOOO!" The shout woke Isaac from his dreamless sleep. He jerked himself awake and checked Eruraina. "afdjo-" his words came out in a mumble jumble as he wiped his eyes and stretched, standing up and rolling out his neck. "Looks like we made it.." He said quietly, checking on Eruraina's wound. It was still fresh, and not healed at all yet. He frowned. "Lets get this checked out and fixed right away." he told her. He could tell she was still in pain, and he placed his hand on her head, stroking her hair. He moved and slid his hands under her knees and shoulder blades, plucking her into his arms and headed towards deck. He was careful not to bump her into any walls as he slowly but surely made his way to the deck.

The sun hit him right in the eyes, he stuttered in step from the blinding light. Their horses were nearby, held by two sailors. Both horses looked jittery and rearing to go. Tired of standing around. He smiled, looking out across the sea at the docks now rapidly approaching. His smile brightened a little. "Almost there." He said as he placed her on her horse. Then moved to gather the mare's reins in his hand, and mounted Mandarb. There was no need for her to control her horse for such a short distance. And much less risk injuring herself further. The docks approached, and a guard and the captain made his way towards him. Both eyed him suspiciously, half expecting him to jump the deck and make a run for it. He smiled, reaching into his pocket, two purses clinked with coin as he pulled it back out. He tossed one to each of the men. The captain looked angered at him, the Guard looked less then pleased. Isaac couldn't suppress a sly grin as the docking board lowered and he rode off it, guiding Stella behind him.

Her wound dripped a single drop of blood every few minutes. He eyed the bandaging warily. As soon as he saw a person, he approached them. "I need a doctor, where can i find one?" The man looked at his friend, and pointed. "If you want a good one, head down that way, he's usually around. Wears a tall pointed hat. You can't miss em." Isaac nodded and made his way in that direction. "No dying on me now" He told Eruraina, still heading in the direction the man had given him.

Won't You Guide Me?
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile
Class: Warrior
Title: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 am

Eruraina had fallen asleep, the journal laying open on her chest. She was awoken by the call of land ho, and sat up abruptly, the book falling to the ground. Not thinking she leaned over and grabbed the journal and put it in her bag, but the movement disturbed her leg, and she had to bite her tounge to stop a stream of curses from coming out. The she-elf watched as her companion checked the wound. It was not a pretty sight, even after it had been cleaned and bandaged again.

He went to feel her head and she swatted his hand away stubbornly. "[color=#3090C7]I'm not running a fever. It's only a flesh wound. Though a very painful fleshwound, I doudt I'll die. If anything I'll just loose my leg[/i]," the last sentence dripped with sarcasm.

She wanted to tell Isaac to put her down, not very happy about having to be carried, but knew she couldn't walk on her own. Inwardly she sighed in defeat, putting her arms around Isaac's neck as he carried her back to the deck where their horses were waiting as they came closer to the docks. Just as they came on deck, Eruraina felt the warmer temperatures, and suddenly felt hot under her coats that were made for Wrynos's weather.

Eruraina forced herself to bite back remarks about the fact that Isaac wouldn't let her control her horse. Despite the hurt leg, her pride felt like it was being wounded even worse. From the time she met Isaac she had gone from completely independent, to dependent on her new companion, and she wasn't the least bit happy about it. But when Stella sidestepped abruptly out of just being antsy, her leg was jostled and the wound started bleeding again. So her attention went to keeping her leg still and keeping it from brushing anything or anyone as they made their way through the city.

"I don't plan on dying," she replied through clentched teeth...
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Then you Open my Eyes
And the Path is laid before me

Isaac glanced at her occasionally from his horse to make sure she wasn't falling off or anything. The two horses halted suddenly when Isaac noticed the man with the hat described by the civilian beside him. The doctor looked up at him. "Have a problem sir?" Isaac nodded. "My friend is injured. If you could help.." He said, pointing at Eruraina's leg. The doctors eyes lit up. "Yes Yes, of course. If you can pay for it." the doctor said, making his way towards her. "Aye." Isaac said and the doctor nodded. "Good, come on in, I'll help you."

Isaac helped Eruraina dismount from her horse, and carried her in his arms. Then made his way into the doctors building. Before him laid a multitude of tools and equipment, some of which Isaac had never seen before. He placed Eruraina down on a bed and the Doctor moved to elevate her leg. "Well lets get this dirty thing off first." He said as he grabbed a pair of small scissors and gloves, and began to cut off the bandage Isaac had placed on her leg. "Oh. Thats a good one. No matter, i can patch this up right quick. What exactly happened?" and before Eruraina could get a word out. "Shark." Isaac forced. "Bit cold weather for swimming dont you think?" Isaac's face remained hard. "She insisted." The doctor nodded and moved over to a table which held his equipment. The bite marks were large in number and each little hole had to be sewn shut.

The doctor began his work meticulously, he had a small pair of strange eyeglasses that looked like binoculars for his face. But he worked. Isaac watched carefully. The strands of twine going through her leg repeatedly until the last hole was sewn closed. "There. Now, we don't want those to open back up so you're going to have to stay off it for a while. About a week should do the trick. Unless you want to make it faster?" He said, eyes gleaming. Isaac frowned. "How can you make it heal faster?" The doctor crossed his arms. "I know someone, she hides though and doesn't like the company much. But i figure you guys look like your in a hurry. For a small fine i can bring you there." the doctor told Isaac. "Could you excuse us?" The doctor nodded and made his way into a back room. "What do you think?" Isaac asked.

Won't You Guide Me?
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Eruraina managed to stay on her horse, minding her leg. It felt like it was hurtting more and more with each jolt and movement Stella made. She managed to keep a straight face the whole time until Isaac stopped suddenly and started talking with a man in a pointy hat. Eruraina guessed he was the doctor, as he glanced at her, and her leg.

She said nothing as Isaac helped her from the horse and began carrying her inside the doctor's building. At the sight of the instruments, Eruraina cringed. Some of them, if not most of them, looked very painful. Especially when she was the patient. Eruraina was eyeing them suspiciously as Isaac set her down on a small bed, and the doctor started clipping away the old blood-stained bandage.

Eruraina winced at the site of the wound, it looked more painful than it was, at least until the doctor started poking at it. But even with her attention on what the doctor was doing with her leg, she still sent a glare towards Isaac. She figured he couldn't tell the truth -who would believe that they engaged a wyrm? But he didn't have to make her look like some kind of foolish idiot.

The huntress looked away as the doctor started sewing up her leg. She clenched her jaw and ignored the pain the best she could, not flinching or crying out or even letting her face contort in pain. Eruraina sighed in relief when the doctor finished and started explaining how long it would take to heal.

A week? It was impossible to travel while trying to stay off of a leg for a week. Especially since Eruraina hated being carried around like a baby. That made the doctor's offer very and appealing, but it still felt suspicious. She waited till the doctor left before speaking to Isaac.

"Peronally, I would like to be back on my feet as soon as possible... But it sounds a little strange, to say the least. I'm not sure if people around here are all scammers just looking for any cheap way to get money or not. Maybe you should find out how much this 'small fine' is?" she offered, glanced down at the cleaned and stitched up leg. It was red around the wounds, as was expected, and now it didn't seem to hurt as much since it was no longer being poked at and jostled around.

"But I'm not good with reading people, as you very well know. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Avarice.
Game Master
Avarice.

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Then you Open my Eyes
And the Path is laid before me

Isaac listened to her side. "Its probably a healer-elf, yeah. I agree we should go check it out." he said then moved into the room the doctor had walked into, it was a small office with books lining shelves and the doctor was perched on top of a short ladder grabbing a book from the upper shelves. "Lets hear that address." he said with a smile, glad he could help the man and his friend at the same time. The doctor beamed. "Yes yes, let me get a piece of paper." He said jumping off the step ladder and pulling out a pencil and a piece of paper and began to scribble some words onto the page. Isaac waited patiently, "Here you go, it says that you guys are good to go, and not baddies so just give that to her when you arrive there." Isaac nodded. "Yes, thanks again." The doctor grinned. "Yes, yes no problem my friend, good luck." Isaac nodded then moved back into the room with Eruraina in it.

"Lets go, 297 Luck Street." he told her plainly, handing her a pair of crutches and helping her off the bed. Then they moved to the door and Isaac held it open for her, until she was out. He figured he would have to help her onto her horse as well. This would certainly be a bother. If they could heal it any faster, Isaac was willing to take the risks. Money was easy to come by, not that he didn't have enough already. After helping Eruraina onto her horse, Isaac mounted Mandarb and they set off in the direction the note issued, Isaac leading the way. He lead down streets and double checked with street signs at every turn. Getting lost here would be unfortunate, Isaac had not been on this streets in many years, and the memories of them have faded, everything was different now, and Isaac inhaled it. He was surprised that Eruraina wasn't completely mesmerized by the size of the city, it was at least double the size of the city back in Wyrnos.

After several minutes, the street they came upon held a sign, "Luck" reading it, but it was old and faded a street with fewer people then where they came from with the doctor, they were still inside the city walls, but obviously near the outside of them, where the poorest lived. Isaac watched from house to house, some homes had no numbers, others skipped several in the order, but eventually number 297 was found.

Won't You Guide Me?
Back to top Go down
Eruraina
Dedicated Member
Eruraina

Character Profile

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

(I'm so sorry for the long delay in this reply. I had forgotten about the forum for awhile, sad to say. But then I remembered I had promised not to disapear and abandon. I don't want an rp to die because of me.)

The huntress waited on the small cot while Isaac went to speak with the doctor about the healer. This gave Eruraina the chance to have a moment to take everything in without having anyone around. It amazed her how one ordinary hunting trip changed her life so much. And it finally dawned on her that she was really no longer on Wrynos. She was the furthest from home she had ever been, and only destined to go further. But then she had to ask why her? Out of all the possible people, she had to be the least likely to go off on some unknown quest with a stranger. But she didn't, and it made her wonder.

But her wondering was cut short when Isaac returned with the address. "Luck Street... If only I believed in luck," Eruraina remarked, swinging her legs off the side of the bed, and going to stand on her one good leg to find herself being handed some crutches. She thanked Isaac and stuck them under her armpits. The first few steps were clumsy, but by the time she made it to the door she had the rythm down. She needed only a booste to get on her horse this time, and as Isaac mounted, she strapped the crutches to the saddle behind her, making sure they were easily accessable.

As Isaac led them through the city, Eruraina couldn't help but try to take it all in, having never been in such a large one before. But often times she was distracted by her leg. It didn't hurt at every jostle, but it still didn't like getting bumped around and was really tender, and Eruraina wanted to make sure not to pop the stitches. And one thing she really didn't enjoy was the smell of the city. It smelt more rank than many other things on the list of discusting smells. Which didn't help her mood much, but she tried to keep seeing the light things. At least she would get this blasted leg healed if they ever found that healer...

And then there is was infront of them, crammed between other houses. To Eruraina it looked hardly different from the rest of the buildings around it.
"How charming," she said sarcastically. "Shall we see if anybody's home?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -    Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entrance of Conflagulation - Continue -
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Sky :: Aleha :: Meika :: Adilet :: Tola :: Tola Harbor-
Jump to: