One Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This forum is currently inactive.

One Sky is a custom text based roleplay site, set in a world beyond our own. Technologically modern, though taking place in a more ancient to medieval setting - you join the world as a mortal. The site is player driven as well as plot driven, with the backstory being only a basis for your character to get involved in this new world, known as Aleha.
Below is a list of important links that all members should read. The title of the linked topic is posted, with the date the topic was last updated. Ammends to the structure of this site occur quite often, so be sure to frequently check for updates. ♥
» The Storyline - 05/11/10 «
» The Map - 06/15/10 «
» The Rules - 11/04/10 «
» The System - 11/04/10 «
» The Availability - 11/04/10 «
» The Multiples - 11/04/10 «

Fatal Attraction :: Head Admin Avarice :: Co-Admin Last Temptation :: Polaris Measure :: Polaris

One Sky©
One Sky, One Destiny©
- The Creator -
[ The Founder & Head Admin ]

Custom Characters,
Equipment, Techniques,
Creatures, Images, etc.
- Their Rightful Owners -
Any creations, posts,
and ideas from this site are copyrighted to their respective owners. Therefore, information
may not be taken or used without their permission. Failing to
abide is plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
© 2009 - 2011

Refection [[Open]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile
Race: Human
Class: Royalty
Title: Infanta

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:14 am

It was exactly twelve o'clock, and the great grandfather clock chimbed twelve times. The smell of wood and stone filled the air as the young infata waited patiently in the dining room. She sat down, alone, in a large hall filled with chairs and a table that could probably sit the whole town. It was always like this. Her parents were never around, and she barely knew the King. She's only seen him a couple of times, but has never actually interacted with him.

She coughed slowly into her hankerchief, a nice peice of green cloth with a floral pattern. She was sick, again, with the common cold. She sniffled slowly wanting so badly to sneeze, but somehow couldn't. She dabbed her nose with her hankie and folded it. She took the table napkin and spread it out over her lap as she sensed the food comming in.

Her hair was piled up gracefully on top of her head secured with pins, to prevent food to get stuck on her strands. A small hair-band studded with sapphires was carefully placed on top of her head, her hair forming soft curls around it. A chocker made out of soft-black ribbons were tied around her neck. A beautiful green-ball gown was draped down her, a black accented ribbon tied just below her chest. Underneath her were several layers of petticoats. Dressing to impress was something she had to do each day, though she didn't really see anyone at all.

Her face was painted as well with a smile she somehow can't wear naturally. There was no one ever making her smile. She told herself that it was okay to be lonely, though she didn't quite believe it. She shook her head refusing to let herself down. She adjusted her posture as the servants set the table.

The servants gracefully placed the food on the table. Brielle straightened up, wondering how the could act so flawlessly. They were obviously trained to serve, and Brielle admired them for that. She knew that they had a purpose and could actually use their abilities, while she was stuck at home being a lazy bum.

"Thank you." She thanked the servers as they left, giving her a slight nod of welcome. She knew that they weren't exactly used to being spoken to, and the thanksgiving was probably the first phrase that Brielle had said all day. It somehow killed her wondering how she could stay so quiet. It was a force of habbit, perhaps.

Her silver goblet was freshly filled with ale, the best in the land no doubt. She smiled as she took a sip, and after cut a peice of freshly roasted meat with one of the table knives. She smiled as she picked it up with her fork and carefully dropped it on her silver platter. She took a slice of bread and carefully ripped it apart, taking one of the peices and softly bit into it. She smiled as she chewed slowly, remembering to dab her mouth to free herself of the crumbs.

Eating was a presentation, even though no one was watching you.
Back to top Go down
Vergil
Aspiring Member
Vergil

Character Profile
Title: King

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:35 pm

"I see you're enjoying yourself" a voice coming from the hall spoke. Slowly making his appearance out of the shadow's was Vergil. Walking into the room with his usual smile and kind face. "Aah well, this castle is to big for one person don't you agree?" Vergil asked the woman that had been dining in the dining room. As the light fell from the window's upon his body, it was revealed that he was wearing his usual body armor and black trousers, not something a king would usually wear.

Taking place at the head of the table, he trew a glare at the side of the room in the position of the servants. Instantly knowing what he meant, they went into the kitchen and started preparing his meals, since he was not just known for his kindness, but also for his appetite. As the scent of the cooked food started moving freely throughout the diningroom, his stumach started making some inappropriate noises. "Excuse me, i usually don't eat with guests" Vergil said kind, but with a questioning tone to it.

"If i may be so bold as to ask, to what do i owe your visit to the castle?" Vergil asked, wondering what was so important that this girl would venture into his castle, and be so bold as to eat in his very own dining room. Though Vergil himself usually wouldnt care for such trivialty's, he was interested in it this time, because he could not just make her "Dissappear" without anyone questioning as to what had happened to her.

Instead of just taking care of his problem, he would just confront the girl with it. It might even make an interesting discussion. As a door opened up, Vergil's servants came walking into the room, carrying large plates of food. Placing it where he could reach it, the servants placed Pork, Chicken, mushrooms, wine and different kinds of soup. "Well then, time for dinner i guess" Vergil said while taking big bites from his feast.
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:16 am

"I see you're enjoying yourself" Came a voice from the shadows. Brielle, froze in place wondering who the voice came from. She gave a weak smile as she turned her head seeing the King of the palace come in.

"Aah well, this castle is to big for one person don't you agree?" She wasn't entirely sure if he was being sarcastic or not, but she was fearing him at the very moment. Something about the way he spoke intimidated her, and somehow sarcasm came from his kind tone. It was as though it was drenched in an eerie feeling that wouldn't go away.

"Good day, your magesty." Brielle said, as she got up while making a slight curtsey. She positioned herself back in place as to how she was accustomed to. She was still in proper posture, though she straightened up quite a bit too much. She wasn't sure on how to act with the King who just came in.

"Excuse me, i usually don't eat with guests" This time his tone was a bit softer, but still questioning. Brielle kept quiet, not quite sure on how to react to that. She didn't frown, instead she kept a cool calm expression plastered on her face. She definitely looked shy at the moment, and wondered if she was presentable enough.

"If i may be so bold as to ask, to what do i owe your visit to the castle?" How could she be so rude? Her eyes met his and she looked away, still a bit shy. SHe was uncomfortable talking to the head of the house but she was disciplined enough to answer calmly.

"Please excuse my rudeness, your highness, but my father has a letter that he would want you to read. I beg your pardon on his behalf. I am Princess Brielle Evangeline Mabel Meldacaniel, the late daughter of Duke Byron Meldacaniel the third and his first wife Duchess, Madelyn. Perhaps my step-mother is more famous, um...She is Lady Beatrice." She said. She wasn't sure if her volume was loud enough, but she was sure she was being pretty clear.

She handed him the letter which would say:

Dearest King Vergil

As much as a burden she may be, please allow our dearest daughter Brielle to stay in your palace for a while. She isn't safe right now, and it's our duty to insure her the safest home at the moment. She wouldn't be much trouble, we can assure you. And she's too silent to be noticed at all.

We're in a bit of dilemma, I'm sure you could understand. We'll repay your kindness in any possible way that we can. We truly do love her so please don't assume that we're ridding ourselves of our daughter. She won't stay with you permanently. We just need her there till we can relocate her to a much safer isolated place, far away from all the dangers of the universe.

You see, our daughter gets sick easily. The environment we put her in isn't the safest for her either, and we fear that someone or worse—something is out to get her. She may be skilled in escaping and healing, but she isn't exactly a combat fighter. She isn't skilled in anything that makes use of attacking either.

You don't have to watch over her, you could just leave her alone in the castle to fend for herself. She has a small dagger with her for a just-in-case protection, just in case she needs it. She's honestly an extremely sweet girl and you may make use of her in any way that you want(As long as it doesn't do harm to her).

We need her safe for future purposes. We thank you.

Signed

Duke Byron Meldacaniel the Third.

She was quite sure he was going to throw her out. She didn't really know where to go if he did. She wasn't safe outside the town, and she sure as heck didn't know what to do if she was to be shunned. She recalled her father stating he did business with the King quite a few times, but she didn't know if they were both close enough for him to entrust his own child into his hands.

The letter was definitely worked on. The paper was of superb quality and was obviously imported. The ink was special enough to be scented like strawberries. She had an idea her father was dropping her off here as he waited to find the perfect suitor for his daughter. She wasn't really interested in being the next Duchess in whatever line of royalty. She wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to be queen either. She was born as an Infanta, a person who wasn't supposed to be the next in line to the throne. A chance of marriage would make change that, and that's what her father was going for.

She didn't know why he was going this far. She knew better than to blame it on her stepmother, but it was obviously her who pointed the Duke in that direction. Her step-mother was greedy and couldn't wait till Brielle would wed. That's when she head the King say something quite out of line.

"Well then, time for dinner i guess"

She smiled softly, swallowing a laugh-to-be. Dinner? At twelve noon? She ignored the comment and waited for his response to the letter.
Back to top Go down
Vergil
Aspiring Member
Vergil

Character Profile
Title: King

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 pm

"Please excuse my rudeness, your highness, but my father has a letter that he would want you to read. I beg your pardon on his behalf. I am Princess Brielle Evangeline Mabel Meldacaniel, the late daughter of Duke Byron Meldacaniel the third and his first wife Duchess, Madelyn. Perhaps my step-mother is more famous, um...She is Lady Beatrice." She said. She wasn't sure if her volume was loud enough, but she was sure she was being pretty clear.

She handed him the letter which would say:

Dearest King Vergil

As much as a burden she may be, please allow our dearest daughter Brielle to stay in your palace for a while. She isn't safe right now, and it's our duty to insure her the safest home at the moment. She wouldn't be much trouble, we can assure you. And she's too silent to be noticed at all.

We're in a bit of dilemma, I'm sure you could understand. We'll repay your kindness in any possible way that we can. We truly do love her so please don't assume that we're ridding ourselves of our daughter. She won't stay with you permanently. We just need her there till we can relocate her to a much safer isolated place, far away from all the dangers of the universe.

You see, our daughter gets sick easily. The environment we put her in isn't the safest for her either, and we fear that someone or worse—something is out to get her. She may be skilled in escaping and healing, but she isn't exactly a combat fighter. She isn't skilled in anything that makes use of attacking either.

You don't have to watch over her, you could just leave her alone in the castle to fend for herself. She has a small dagger with her for a just-in-case protection, just in case she needs it. She's honestly an extremely sweet girl and you may make use of her in any way that you want(As long as it doesn't do harm to her).

We need her safe for future purposes. We thank you.

Signed

Duke Byron Meldacaniel the Third

"I see, and they want me to take you in. It is a most disturning plee for help, but it is also very unfortunate for your parents to give their daughter away for safe keeping. Fine, you can stay, but there are some rules you have to stick to while you're under my roof. You may leave the castle whenever you want, and you will get your own room. But you may not go near the dungeon's. It is a dangerous place, and we do not want any "accidents" to occur, now do we?" Vergil said in response to the letter.

Finishing his meal, he stood up and walked back into the hall's. "You'll most certainly be able to find your way to your room. Dont wander around for too long in the dark halls and corridors, the servants have reported many strange apparitions and movement in the dark these last few month's. Do be carefull, and have a good night" Vergil said as he closed the door behind him.

Walking down the dark hallway, it seemed as if the shadow's got thicker once Vergil had passed it by, almost as if the shadow's grew towards Vergil's own shadow. As a faint grin appeared on his face, he kept walking forward. "Do be carefull when treading in my domain, or you might find yourself to be alone in the dark....".

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Character Profile

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:19 pm

"I see, and they want me to take you in. It is a most disturning plee for help, but it is also very unfortunate for your parents to give their daughter away for safe keeping. Fine, you can stay, but there are some rules you have to stick to while you're under my roof. You may leave the castle whenever you want, and you will get your own room. But you may not go near the dungeon's. It is a dangerous place, and we do not want any "accidents" to occur, now do we?" The King told her. She shook her head stating that she didn't want to have any accidents to happen. She nodded in agreement with the rules she was given. In a large castle like this, there were plenty of things that could happen. And that scared her. She wasn't adventurous and she doubted that she'd try to get out of the castle in any situation other than when it would ever be a complete emergency. She closed her eyes as the King got up.

She mimicked his movements and got up in almost key timing. They trotted towards a room.

"You'll most certainly be able to find your way to your room. Don't wander around for too long in the dark halls and corridors, the servants have reported many strange apparitions and movement in the dark these last few month's. Do be carefull, and have a good night" She was a bit scared of what this meant. Strange apparitions and movement? Was there ever a kind of ghost? She coughed lightly into her hanky a nervous smile plastered into her face.

"Goodnight and thankyou." She talked in an almost hushed voiced, she was speaking yet somehow whispering at the same time. The nervousness was eating away with her, but it wasn't much different from how she spoke back home.

Her eyes were glued onto him even as he shut the door, and she just noticed that the King was a bit young for the position. He didn't look a day over nineteen, and she wondered just how he was taking his rank. She changed into a soft nightgown and prepared herself for bed, washing away all the product on her face.

She shut her eyes as the blankets covered her, recalling what exactly had happened. She smiled as swiftly drifted off to sleep.

-End-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refection [[Open]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refection [[Open]]   Refection [[Open]] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refection [[Open]]
Page 1 of 1